* To provide an excellent environment that motivates students and helps them to make rapid progress in their learning while they live and study at BCC
* To create a culture that inspires a true love for learning English Language
- Respect: We will respect others and their property at all times. We will listen to each other, knowing that we have individual differences that make us unique and valuable.
- Responsibility: We will accept responsibility for our words and actions. We will treat others as we would like to be treated.
- Solutions: We will create a positive environment, where problems are met with creative solutions.
- Service: We will actively look for the different ways on how to provide our students with excellent service.
Bournemouth City College offers quality courses at competitive prices for international students from a wide variety of nationalities and cultures. We are providing language courses for all students from 16 years of age.
In 2009 the BCC was successful in gaining accreditation from the British Council for English language tuition and English UK and Young Learners English UK.
The BCC is situated in the centre of Bournemouth in a modern, well-equipped building and it is close to local shops, cafes, banks and other facilities. Our native English speaking teachers and trainers deliver tuition in a friendly and professional way, using a wide variety of materials and teaching techniques. Classrooms are equipped with PC and BCC offers online study library.
BCC COURSES include:
- General English – at all levels
- Special English – for those who are involved in business, professional career or simply having an interest about British culture
- Academic English – for those who are going to study Higher Education level
- Management and IT courses, leading to recognised professional qualifications
Our General English courses start every Monday. Management and IT courses might have fixed starting dates.
Our classrooms are modern equipped with PC and audio and video techniques. Students can use different learning materials available for them, books to improve their language knowledge and online library. There is free Internet connection access in each classroom. Each student will also receive a welcome pack at the arrival with all important information about school and other facilities provided by BCC.
BCC Accommodation is provided in few properties.
BCC Main Residence consists of 9 blocks -flats. There are 27 student rooms, 5 fully equipped kitchens, 9 shower rooms and 2 large living rooms. The residence also has washing machines and tumble dryers and wireless internet connection. There are flat screen TV in each living room and dining area with sofa. Every room is fully and modern furnished with a single or twin beds, bedside cabinet, wardrobe, writing table and chair.
Residences St. Peters Gate and Gate Top Court are situated just round the corner from the school in the town centre, just 5 minute walk to the BCC College. Modern buildings provide accommodation in flats with single rooms. Every flat has own fully equipped kitchen with cooker and microwave oven. Kitchen is connected to open plan lounge are decorated with sofa and dining table. Student rooms are fully furnished with single bed, bedside cabinet, writing table with chair and wardrobe.
The BCC Hotel is situated on the West Cliff area of Bournemouth, about 10 minute walk from the town centre and walking distance to the beach. Accommodation is provided in various size rooms, with single or double bed in each room. Each room is en-suite and has own shower and toilet. Rooms are fully furnished with modern furniture, single or double bed, bedside cabinet, wardrobe, writing table with chair. There is a little fridge and kettle in each student room. There is TV in each room and internet wireless connection.
The Stirling Court residence is situated in a quiet area of East Cliff Bournemouth. BCC provides accommodation in the flats. Each flat has own bathroom, self-catering fully equipped kitchen and living room area. There is a TV and free internet connection in whole building. Stirling Court has allocated car parking space too. Each student room is fully furnished with modern furniture and single bed or double bed with bedside cabinet, wardrobe and writing table with chair.
BCC provides accommodation with host families, which is in the last few years very popular. Host families are chosen very carefully to match individual needs of each student. We want our students to be happy and comfortable with their host family. Accommodation with family is usually provided in single room with breakfast and dinner.
There are more student residences available.
We have very active social programme, which is organized by BCC social and sport organizer. Many of these activities are free of charge. We organize excursions to different towns and cities every Saturday. Some of the excursions to other places may cost money. We offer a variety of sport events and student competitions. We will provide further details to our students at the school notice board. Or you can simply enjoy our parties together at the BCC.