Bournemouth City College designs a tailored presentation skills training program to meet your specific needs in terms of objectives, seniority of delegates, culture, resources, budget and delivery style. This course is available as a one day course looking specifically at the use of PowerPoint. It does teach the use of the application (how to make slides), and to concentrates on helping students to make the best use of PowerPoint, develop slides that add meaning and impact .
The course objectives include:
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of PowerPoint
- Learn to use PowerPoint to tap into the way adults learn
- Discover alternatives to bullet points
- Avoid mis-using the three main components of the programme
- Learn specific techniques that presenters should observe when using PP
- Gain confidence in delivery techniques based on knowing your material is not outdated in style, content or delivery.
BCC Presentation skills course can incorporate;
- Planning and preparation
- Practicalities and the presentation environment
- Audience identification, needs and concerns
- Objective setting
- Generation of content
- Information gathering techniques
- Structuring the presentation
- Injecting spice and being different
- Engaging the audience
- Personal style and impact
- Voice, pace, inflection, tone, presence, professionalism
- Controlling and using nerves/anxiety positively
- Awareness of non-verbal and physical habits or distractions
- Deciding on visual aids and props
- Using visual aids effectively
- Using humour effectively and carefully
- Dealing with difficult questions
- Question and answer techniques
For whom this course has been designed?
- Individuals who wish to learn how to prepare for, structure and deliver a professional presentation
- An individual or team who require professional assistance with the development and delivery of a specific business presentation
- Practiced presenters who wish to ‘spice up’ a stale presentation
Normally one day. Can be extended depending on specific business presentation requirements.
Bournemouth City College policy is to deliver course is for individual (one-one) or small group (3-6) students per class.
Facility and Resources
This course is taught by professional lecturer. BCC has provided high standard class for this kind of course which includes:
Computer, projector and other media equipments. Different kind of teaching techniques have been effectively used thorough this course and this encompass case studies (videos) (learn from other people mistakes).
Requirements to attend this class
The students are expected to have good knowledge of English (Intermediate or above).