On arrival to the UK, you may be asked to register at your local police station (this will be stamped into your passport/VISA) on arrival. This is nothing to worry about and is standard British procedure for some Nationalities. You will need to make an appointment at your local police station WITHIN seven days and you must take the following with you
To register with the police you are required to bring with you the following items:
- Your passport.
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Registration fee of £34.00 (cash only).
- If you are a student, you must bring your university/college offer letter with details of your studies or a student card.
- If an organisation or company is sponsoring your studies, you should bring a letter from the organisation to confirm this.
- If you are employed in the United Kingdom you must bring your work permit and details of your employers.